Everyone during monsoons craves to have something spicy, hot, and scrumptious. My rainy evenings often call for traditional homemade tikkas marinated in yogurt are aromatic spices. My whole family loves to enjoy the slow-grilled desi tikka along with mint chutney. Tikkas being one of the most popular Indian snacks are a part of every small and big gathering. Not just parties, tikkas taste great when served as a wrap in paratha or roti.
During these days when safety is of utmost importance and you can only have home-cooked food why not make it interesting? And if you think making soft, succulent, and juicy tikkas at home can be quite a task, you have mistaken! I have got 3 easy tikka recipes that you can easily try at home. Serve them simply with a sliced salad with a dash of lemon on top for a beautiful evening at home!
Spicy Paneer Tikka: Marinated paneer cubes arranged on skewers and grilled with spicy masala to lend a subtle smoky and juicy flavor. Paneer tikka is a delicious must-have vegetarian snack at any party. This recipe will beat the restaurant-style paneer tikka that you have been craving for.
• 250 grams paneer
• 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
• 1 tsp salt
• 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
• 2 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 cup yogurt
• ½ tsp carom seeds
• 1 tsp kasuri methi
• 1 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp black salt
• 1 tsp dried mango powder
• 1 onion diced
• 1 capsicum diced
• 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Cut paneer into cubes.
2. In a bowl, add ginger garlic paste, salt, kashmiri red chilli powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, carom seeds, kasuri methi and coriander powder along with cumin powder, garam masala, black salt and dried mango powder.
3. Mix them thoroughly and then add onion, capsicum and lemon juice to it.
4. Mix paneer cubes and keep it for marination.
5. Now add 2 tsp oil in the bowl and mix again.
6. Take the skewers and put the paneer cubes through them one by one.
7. Brush them with oil and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8. Grill the tikkas in the microwave for 10 minutes or roast them over tandoor.
9. Garnish it with chaat masala and serve hot with chutney.
Paneer isn’t just a versatile ingredient but also a great high protein option for vegetarians. This simple yet scrumptious recipe is surely going to be a hit at your next barbeque evening with family. You can also try a version of this recipe with mushrooms, chicken, tofu, soya, or pineapple.
I recommend trying this with mushrooms as it turns out amazing and drooling. So ladies, do give it a try and have a happy evening!!!