The scorching sun makes it tough for many of us during summers. Wave a goodbye to all your worries of dehydration this summer. Sipping up some refreshing cooler drinks is the best way to beat the heat. Summer coolers can be prepared with many simple and seasonal ingredients and their high water content is great to keep you hydrated all day long. So, lets say cheers to five easy cooler recipes specially curated for you.
• 3/4 cup curd
• 1.5 cups water
• 1/2 tsp black salt/kala namak
• 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds/jeera powder
• 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
• 1/2 tsp mint powder
• 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
For the Tadka:
• 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
• 1/2 inch chopped ginger
• a pinch each of hing/asafoetida
• 1 slit green chilli
• 1/2 tsp oil
1. In a bowl, add in the curd and water and churn it until smooth with the help of a hand churner or whisk.
2. Add in all the other ingredients. Adjust the seasoning as per the taste.
For the Tadka:
1. Heat oil in a tadka pan and add the cumin seeds, chilies and ginger. Mix the tempering with prepared chaas.
2. Mix well and serve it chilled.
• 1 ¼ cups cold milk
• 4 tbsp orange tang
• 4 tbsp vanilla ice cream
• Some ice cubes
• A few fresh pomegranate kernels
• Some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
1. In a mixer, combine all the ingredients. Cover and process for 30-40 seconds or until smooth.
2. Check sweetness and add more orange tang if needed.
3. Pour into chilled glasses. Serve immediately topped with some fresh pomegranate kernels and whipped cream.
• 1 cup readymade guava juice
• 2 green chillies slitted
• A dash of Tabasco sauce
• ¼ tsp cumin powder
• ¼ tsp rock salt
• A lemon slice
• Slit green chillies.
1. In a mixer, combine guava juice, salt, cumin powder, ice cubes and Tabasco sauce. Cover and process for 30-40 seconds or until smooth.
2. To rim the glass with salt and red chilli powder mix, moisten it with lemon juice.
3. Invert the glass over the plate so that the salt and chilli mix stick to it.
4. Put slitted green chilli into the glass and crush it a little.
5. Pour the juice in the glass and serve chilled.
• 2 cups cucumber, peeled and cubed
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 2 tbsp mint syrup
• 1 tsp black salt
• 12 mint leaves
• 3 tbsp crushed ice
1. Combine the cucumber, lemon juice, mint syrup and black salt with 1 ½ cups of water and blend it in a mixer till smooth.
2. Place 1 tbsp of crushed ice in a glass.
3. Pour the juice in the glass
4. Serve chilled.
• Raw mangoes 2 medium
• Sugar 4 teaspoons
• Rock salt (sendha namak) 1/2 tablespoons
• Fresh mint leaves 4-5
• Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
1. Wash and peel the mangoes, remove the pulp and pressure cook till one whistle.
2. Allow the pulp to cool. Strain the pulp. Add rock salt, sugar, mint leaves and cumin powder. Mix well.
3. Divide the above mixture into four equal parts, add chilled water and serve cold.