I am proud Size 12 to Size 14 since last 8 years & shopping for clothes has been a nightmare till last year. Until last year, shopping for clothes use to make me anxious. The feeling of being judged by your own family, the size tags game was no fun & I ended up buying clothes that would make me look like a box of fat. Over the years, I have burned my money on several brands & ended up feeling more frustrated because even after spending money, some clothes don’t fit you, they way you wanted & you end up cursing your own self.
It’s frustrating to experience sales people giving looks of “We got no size for you” to outspoken sales assistance saying “Sorry”. Although there are several brands that do cater to Women Formal wear, they still lack to acknowledge curvy women. If I specifically talk about Brands like Allen Solly, Van Heusen, Ginger, Code,…There are hardly any comfortable fitting clothes available. If we talk about Shirts, they’re so tiny that a person like me is always uncomfortable & conscious.
Luckily, the scenario is changing off late. There are so many new International brands & Indie Brands filling in the gap quickly. With the change in demand of sizes, its nice to see brands acknowledging them & adapting to the changing needs. So, if you are curvy lady like me who is considering an upgrade in wardrobe, Let me share a few of my personal favorite brands that I go to shop these days. My criteria behind selecting the brand is Comfort, Options Available & Affordable.
1. Mark & Spencer: Clearly the winner so far. The quality is great. The clothes last for years. The designs are ever lasting & classic (not fast fashion). The cost may be a little on the higher end but its worth buying a few classic pieces & keeping them for special occasions.
2. Vero Moda: I bought a few shirts last month from them & they are good. Comfort fitting, Nice Choice of Colours & Variety. It is also a little expensive but considering the material, you can give them a try.
3. Gap: Yet another favorite. If I have to buy Jeans or something basic like plain tees or shirts. They are my backup. Jeans easily last you for 4 to 5 years. Soft Fabrics do not give you uncomfortable fitting or cuts. They are little expensive so keep a close eye on the next SALE & stock up.
4. H&M: Their Trousers fit like butter. Their collection is Affordable, Classy & Quality of fabric is reliable. Definitely recommended.
5. Roadstar: If you are a believer of loose hanging fitting shirts & do not wish to go beyond INR 999 then you can give this brand a try. You can find their collection online via Myntra, Jabong, Ajio etc.
I hope this little article will be helpful while planning your next shopping.